Conduct is related to the dress of the student in the school setting. This makes it necessary for the school to be concerned with the dress of the students. All children are encouraged to develop and maintain good dress habits at school and school sponsored events. Students are expected to dress in a neat, clean manner and to exhibit good taste in the selection of type and style of clothing. Students are not appropriately dressed if their attire is distracting, disturbing, or disrupting to the school setting.
Dress Code for grades K-2
- Shorts of a modest length may be worn.
- Wearing shorts under dresses/skirts is strongly encouraged due to recess, P. E. and sitting on the floor.
- Students are encouraged to wear athletic type shoes daily in the interest of comfort and safety. (Flip-flops and Crocs are not permitted.)
Dress Code for grades 3 – 6
- Shorts may be worn but must be no shorter than fingertip length.
- Skirts/dresses must be no shorter than fingertip length.
- Fingertip length is measured standing up straight with arms at the side, shoulders must not be shrugged.
- Students are encouraged to wear athletic type shoes daily in interest of comfort and safety. (Flip-flops and Crocs are not permitted.)
Dress Code for all grades
- No jeans with holes
- No sleeveless shirts unless a t-shirt is worn underneath for boy’s.
- Girls may wear sleeveless shirts, but no bare midriffs.
Parents set an example for our students and are encouraged to also follow the dress code.
Although there may be a difference of opinion as to what constitutes appropriate dress, the final decision will rest with the building principal or his designee.