Carolyn Bukhair PTA Needs You!
What is a Parent Teacher Association (PTA)? Why join the PTA? The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more advantages:
- Get Connected. There is no better way to know what is happening in your school.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum-based programs and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Join the PTA and support your student!