What is the RISD Partners Program?
The RISD Partners Program is a way that a business or community group can establish an ongoing, supportive relationship with one or more RISD schools or programs through:
Specific opportunities may include:
- Volunteerism: (Spending 30 to 45 minutes once a week, once a month, or twice a month working one-on-one with a student.)
- Lunch Buddies: eating lunch with a student or visiting with them during the day and serving as role model.
- Tutoring: Visits with a student will consist of working on courses that a student is having difficulty with.
- Reading: Visits will consist of reading a book together or having the student practice reading to you.
- Judging: Evaluating individual or districtwide competitions, potentially including student projects or performances. Examples include Science Fair, Invention Convention, Destination Imagination, Academic Decathlon and similar events. Judging generally offers a time commitment of 2-3 hours a day.
- Mentor: Through visits with a student, guide a student that is interested in your career and on the requirements to reach employment in your field.
- Bilingual Volunteers: Working with campus staff, bilingual volunteers can assist with parent and community projects and interaction, and offers a flexible time commitment.
- Event Volunteering: Volunteering time at school-related or districtwide events, such as carnivals, holiday events, assemblies or fundraising events. Specific events will vary by school. The time commitment will vary from during the day to late afternoon or weekend commitments.
- Donations: (Schools are frequently in need of equipment or materials for curriculum, enrichment projects, programs or events. Partners may be in a position to donate such equipment or materials as circumstances allow.)
- School Supplies: Elementary level mainly. Click here for a list.
- Teacher incentives: Gift certificates, food or candy
- Sponsorship for field trips: Financial support for transportation, t-shirts, or cost of location being visited.
- Financial Support: Donation to the general funds for a school’s maintenance, beautification and/or curriculum.
Contact the district community liaison at 469-593-0307 regarding volunteer opportunities and the volunteer background check from.