Who Do I Talk to?
Before you begin contacting faculty and staff, please know that Berkner High School takes the FERPA Federal law seriously. If we cannot confirm that you or the email address from which you communicate is associated with any student at Berkner High School, we will cease further communication. FERPA prevents us from discussing, providing you with information or making changes when we cannot confirm that you are the parent of record or someone authorized to make inqueries and decisions.
504 - Accommodations, Meetings
- Please contact your student's counselor.
Attendance - Absence Note
- Parents, from the email address on file in Focus, please email absence notes to Libby.Moore@risd.org. Please include the following information:
- Student Name
- Student ID #
- Student Grade Level
- Periods Missed
- If you have questions you can call 469.593.7010.
Attendance - Errors
- Teachers cannot change the type of absence you see in Focus. If you have not turned in an absence note, please email an absence note to Libby.Moore@risd.org.
- If you feel your student was marked absent in error, please contact the teacher who marked your student absent.
Attendance - Make Up Hours
- Please contact the Assistant Principal's office for make up hours: 469.593.7255.
Attendance - Mosque Prayer Permission
- Parents, from the email address on file in Focus, please complete the form then email it to Libby.Moore@risd.org.
Attendance - Truancy Court
- Please contact the Assistant Principal's office for truancy court questions: 469.593.7255.
Classroom Concerns - Grades, Behavior
- Please contact your student's teacher first.
College & Career Planning
- Please visit the College & Career Center website.
Change of Student Information - Name, Address, etc.
- Please click here to download the Change of Student Information Form.
- From the parent email address on file in Focus, email the completed form to one of the following. They will follow up with you if they need more information.
- If you cannot email from the email address on file in Focus, please call.
- Click here to complete the request for assistance.
Focus Password Reset (Students)
- Click here to complete the password reset request form.
Focus Login Issues (Students)
- If you have already attempted to login to Focus using the instructions provided and/or reset your password, please email email@example.com from your school email.
Hotspot (Internet) Request
- Click here to request a 10GB internet hotspot.
Learning Model Committment (Virtual or Face-to-Face)
- To confirm your student's Learning Model Committment, please call or email one of the following.
- If there was an error, your student's counselor cannot make those corrections.
- Students, please see Mrs. Taylor. Her office is across from the attendance window in Ram Central.
Special Education - Accommodations, IEPs, ARDs
- You will need to contact your student's case manager. Please call 469.593.7060.
Verification of Enrollment - Driver's License
- Parents, from the email address on file in Focus, please email Cesu.McGee@risd.org.
- Students, please email from your school email address.
Withdrawing Your Student
- Please call the number below to schedule a time to withdraw your student.
- We will not send records to your student's new school until you have withdrawn him/her.
- Your student will be marked absent until you complete the withdrawal process.
- Freshman M-Z - 469.593.7081
- Freshman A-L - 469.593.7015
- Sophmores A-L - 469.593.7016
- Sophmores M-Z - 469.593.7015
- Juniors - 469.593.7255
- Seniors - 469.593.7011