Technology infrastructure and interactive learning opportunities are both key initiatives within RISD’s four goals in Vision 2020. RISD is committed to provide opportunities for students to interact with the global community through use of technology tools such as online learning and social media. Additionally, through the approved 2011 Bond, the RISD Technology team is able to:
- Implement a robust Technology plan (infrastructure, implementation strategies)
- Increase wireless coverage to provide additional connectivity on campuses.
- Maintain and update the Enterprise Software System including Student Information System, Telephony System and Enterprise Resource System
- Refresh technology devices on 5-year cycle.
- Pilot technology devices and software.
- Continue the evaluation of one-to-one initiative.