- Christa McAuliffe Learning Center
*UPDATE* NEW RULES FOR MEAL PICKUP ON Monday, April 6
Beginning with meal pickups on Monday, April 6, new rules from the Texas Department of Agriculture require that parents picking up free meals for children, without the children present, must bring documentation of the children that the meals are for. Acceptable documentation includes a school-issued student ID, report card, birth certificate, or this district verification message.
RISD parents will receive a verification message for each student enrolled. We recommend printing the message for each child and keeping messages in your vehicle if picking up meals without children present. If you don’t have access to a printer, you can show the verification message to district personnel from your cell phone.
Please note that proof is not required when children come with a parent to a meal pickup location. Any child 18 or under can receive meals at a meal pickup location.
For more information about meal pickup locations, please visit www.risd.org.
MEAL SERVICE LOCATIONS BEGINNING MONDAY, MARCH 23 FOR ALL STUDENTS
RISD Pandemic Update – March 23
Meal Process Changing to Dual Meal Pickup
Beginning Tuesday, March 24, free to-go meals for students at RISD school and apartment delivery sites will combine breakfast and lunch between the hours of 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Any child under the age of 18 can receive a to-go breakfast and a to-go lunch at the same time, eliminating the need for two separate trips to a meal site.
The school and apartment locations have not changed. Two to-go meals per student will be available Monday-Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the following school locations:
- Audelia Creek Elementary, 12600 Audelia Road, Dallas, TX 75243
- Bukhair Elementary, 13900 Esperanza Road, Dallas, TX 75240
- Forest Lane Academy, 9663 Forest Lane, Dallas, TX 75243
- Hamilton Park Pacesetter Magnet, 8301 Towns Lane, Dallas, TX 75243
- Mark Twain Elementary, 1200 Larkspur Drive, Richardson, TX 75081
- Merriman Park Elementary, 7101 Winedale Drive, Dallas, TX 75231
- Northrich Elementary, 1301 Custer Road, Richardson, TX 75080
- O. Henry Elementary, 4100 Tynes Drive, Garland, TX 75042
- Richardson High School, 1250 W. Belt Line Road, Richardson TX 75080
- RISD Academy, 13630 Coit Road, Dallas, TX 75240
- Stults Road Elementary, 8700 Stults Road, Dallas, TX 75243
- Thurgood Marshall Elementary, 9666 Ferris Branch Blvd., Dallas, TX 75243
- Wallace Elementary, 9921 Kirkhaven Drive, Dallas, TX 75238
- Westwood Junior High, 7630 Arapaho Road, Dallas, TX 75248
To-go meals will also be available Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at the following apartment complexes:
- Bosque Estates Apartments, 9655 Chimney Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75243
- La Mirada Apartments, 901 S. Coit, Richardson, TX 75080
- Lavera at Lake Highlands, 9842 Audelia, Dallas, TX 75238
- Linear on Esperanza Apartments, 13450 Esperanza, Dallas, TX 75240
- Newport Landing Apartments,10850 Walnut Hill, Dallas, TX 75238
- Northgate Village Apartments, 12303 Plano Road, Dallas, TX 75243
- Sienna Springs Apartments, 9455 Skillman, Dallas, TX 75243
- St. Croix Apartments, 12250 Abrams Road, Dallas TX 75243
- Sun Colony Apartments, 10075 Royal Lane, Dallas, TX 75238
- The Link, 9450 Forest, Springs, Dallas, TX 75243
- The Vineyards at the Ranch, 9350 Skillman, Dallas, TX 75243
For more information about to-go meal availability or RISD's COVID-19 response, please visit www.risd.org.