The administrator has total discretion in determining the appropriateness of dress.
- Clothing must be worn as originally intended by design.
- Belts on waist only
- No shirts or headbands around neck
- Clothes not inside out or backwards
- No pajama pants should be worn to school
- Spandex/Biker shorts are NOT allowed
- Shoulder straps must be at least 3 inches wide. (NO skinny/spaghetti straps)
- No abusive, suggestive, sexual, or profane language; symbols of illegal substances; or any other words, symbols or slogans on clothing or jewelry.
- Students are required to wear shoes at all times.
- House shoes/slippers are NOT allowed
- Appropriate clothing, such as gym clothes and tennis shoes, will be needed for the requirements of athletics and physical education classes. (Spandex/Biker shorts are NOT allowed)
- Leggings, yoga pants, jeggings, fitted athletic pants may be worn as long as the student’s top covers their behind.
- Using a jacket, sweatshirt, sweater, etc. to cover one’s bottom is not permitted
- Shorts and skirts must be fingertip length or longer – even if you are wearing leggings or tights underneath.
- Short shorts/windbreaker type shorts are NOT permitted
- Shorts worn under a shirt must be visible (shirt cannot be longer than the shorts)
- Shirts that expose the stomach or are low cut in front, back, or sides; and shirts that are excessively tight or see-through are not allowed.
- GIRLS: No crop tops, halter tops, lace up tops, backless tops, see through tops, and bra straps should not be visible. Also color bras should not be visible through the student’s shirt.
- BOYS: No tank shirts, sleeveless shirts, or muscle shirts
- No skin tight bodysuits/ catsuits should be worn.
- Destructed styled jeans (any bottom garment) with holes, rips and frays are allowed as long as the holes, rips and frays are below the knee. Leggings or shirts must be worn underneath the jeans if the holes, rips or tears are above the knee.
- Head Gear: The following items can NOT be worn at FMJH-
- Hats, head scarves, bandanas, hair bonnets, hoods of hoodies/sweatshirts, do-rags, stocking caps
- Students should not carry hair care products around school
- Outerwear: Only true jackets, coats, sweaters, or wraps should be worn as outerwear to keep warm
- Blankets are NOT permitted on campus
The student who does not comply with this dress code will be sent home for appropriate clothing. If a parent/guardian cannot be reached, the student will be placed in ISS for the day. If the student or parent has any doubts about an outfit, it should not be worn.