DME Lunch Schedule
|Pre-K / ECSE||10:50 - 11:10|
|Kinder||11:05 - 11:35|
|1st Grade||11:00 - 11:30|
|2nd Grade||11:25 - 11:55|
|3rd Grade||11:35 - 12:05|
|4th Grade||11:50 - 12:20|
|5th Grade||12:00 - 12:30|
|6th Grade||12:15 - 12:45|
- Students may go through the cafeteria line to get food or bring a lunch from home.
- Meals, additional entrees, and snacks are available for purchase during lunch time
- RISD offers free or reduced lunch prices for students that qualify
- Students will use an ID on a lanyard to scan for lunch and library to avoid touching checkout surfaces
- If you are dropping off your child’s lunch box, please use the cart in the front air lock. Must be dropped off by 10:30am.
- No lunch visitors during the first few weeks of school. (See below for updated lunch visitor info.)
- Breakfast is available for purchase from 7:30am-7:50am
- RISD offers free or reduced breakfast prices for students that qualify.
- Students should bring their backpacks to their classroom first and pick up their lanyard with ID Badge
- Daily snacks should be healthy in nature. Please do not send snacks that require utensils or could cause a mess. Students often eat a snack while working independently.
- If you want to drop off edible or non edible items for ALL the students in your child’s classroom, please contact your child’s teacher in advance.
- Some classrooms may have allergies
- Teachers might prefer treats to be brought only at the very end of the day, etc.
- Payment should be loaded onto the students account so that they can scan their ID badge at lunch without needing to handle money
- Money can be added online with a credit card using the PayPAMS website
- Money can be added in person with cash or check (no credit cards) – please send cash/check in an envelope with your child’s name on it for them to bring to the cafeteria at the beginning of the day.
- Interactive nutritional menus for breakfast and lunch can be found on the RISD Child Nutrition website
- Now that we have established our cafeteria and lunchtime routines and procedures, we are going to start having parent/guardian lunch visitors starting October 3rd!
- Lunch visitors are limited to parents/guardians and grandparents.
- All lunch visitors must check-in at the front office to get a visitor badge prior to lunch. ID is REQUIRED.
- Because we are limited on space, we need to adhere to the lunch visitor daily schedule:
- Mondays: ECSE, PK and 3rd Grade visitors
- Tuesdays: Kinder and 4th Grade visitors
- Wednesdays: 1st Grade and 5th Grade visitors
- Thursdays: 2nd Grade and 6th Grade visitors
- Because we are limited on space, we will have designated tables for visitors to sit with their students.
- ECSE, PK, and 1st Grade visitors will sit with their students at the far north tables of the cafeteria.
- Kindergarten visitors will sit at the table on the far east side of the cafeteria.
- 2nd – 6th grade visitors will sit with their students at the tables closest to the kitchen.
- Lunch visitors will sit with their student only. Lunch visitors may bring in lunch for their student only. We cannot bring lunch or treats to other students.
- Lunch visitors must join their students during their designated lunch times.