Enrollment and Registration
Immediately upon moving into the district, students should determine if this campus is their home school. To do this please use RISD’s School Locator System. If a student is within this campus’ attendance area, students will need to bring the following required information to the campus main office.
To enroll a student in the Richardson Independent School District, the following information is required:
- Birth certificate (for students aged 10 and under)
- An official document (their last report card)
- Your child’s Social Security Card
- Complete immunization records (date, month and year of every immunization received)
- Proof of residency (utility bill for homeowners or apartment lease with the parent’s name)
- Proof of withdrawal from your child’s former school (Only if withdrawal was during the school year.)
Out of District
The RISD does not accept students living outside the district on a tuition-paid basis.
Kindergarten students must be five years old on or before September 1 of the current school year, and the student and either parent must be a resident of the district.
First graders must be six years old by September 1 of the current year unless the child has completed public kindergarten in another state/country or has been receiving public first grade instruction in another state/country.
First graders who were not enrolled in the RISD must present the required information (see above) in order to enroll in the RISD.
- Visit https://web.risd.org/enrollonline/ for the latest information on enrolling at RISD.
- Contact your school for any questions about enrollment or email: firstname.lastname@example.org