What is a Magnet School?
Districts across the nation use magnet schools as options to their families, options that are as varied and unique as the many communities in which they are located.
In the RISD learning community, magnet schools have two characteristics:
- They enroll students across all attendance zones via an application process, and
- They offer unique programs in order to attract families from a greater distance.
We offer a seamless, K-12 magnet experience. Today’s focus is on the junior high magnets:
- Westwood JH: the Math, Science, Leadership Magnet
- West JH Arts & Technology Magnet
- They have similarities, as well as unique programs
To provide a learning environment that engages all students and creates life-long global learners.