About Our School
Welcome to Wallace Elementary
In the 2020-21 school year, the stakeholders at Wallace Elementary began in a year-long process of articulating our Mission, Vision, and Values. The process began with the faculty identifying characteristics they felt were most vital for our students to possess as they leave Wallace – the traits they need to be prepared for the future they create. Parents and community members joined this discussion through participation in the Local School Council. The mission statement was re-articulated to align with the values the staff and stakeholders had identified, and much discussion resulted in the precise language of this document which we call The Wallace Way. We are proud of this guiding document that articulates the beliefs, sets the standard, and captures the heart of our community who are all focused on ensuring the success of each individual student we serve.
At Wallace we do…
- Educate the whole child
- Expect all to grow
- Praise and celebrate successes
- Meet individual needs
- Value collaboration and diversity
- Have high expectations and accountability
- Traditions and also create new experiences
- Develop strong relationships
- Build community partnerships
- Empower students to problem solve and dream
- Encourage students to learn from mistakes and challenges
- Act with purpose and intention
- Respect ourselves and others
- Make learning fun
All students and stakeholders will experience a safe, engaging, and enriching environment distinguished by
- respect and kindness;
- diverse, collaborative relationships;
- a focus on individual student growth;
- and confidence about their global future.
Wallace Elementary – Where all students connect, learn, grow and succeed.
A Wallace student will be…
- Confident and willing to learn from mistakes
- Curious and growth-minded
- Creators and problem solvers
- Perseverant and able to display grit
- Leaders and adept communicators
- Socially-conscious contributors
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Kind, peace-makers who value ‘giving back’
- Prepared for THEIR future success
I will grow every day.
I will grow in confidence, creativity, peace-making, and as a contributor. I will never stop becoming the best me because I am worth it.
I have purpose.